TM lighting illuminates The Masterpiece London Sculpture Series 2019
TM Lighting has partnered once again with Masterpiece London, the capital’s leading cross-collecting fair (27th June – 3rd July 2019), as art lighting specialists including lighting a series of major sculptures and installations using TM Lighting’s exceptional LED products.
The partnership follows a series of high-profile projects from TM Lighting including Historic Royal Palaces Hillsborough Castle, The Rothschild Foundation, The Wellington Collection at English Heritage Apsley House, Sotheby’s Old Masters Sale at Victoria Beckham’s Dover Street boutique, Mayfair, and Damien Hirst’s 24ft crystal encrusted ‘Pegasus’ at Brasserie of Light, Selfridges, London.
The Masterpiece London Sculpture Series
Monumental works of art located in walkways throughout the fair this year will be specially lit by TM Lighting. Curated by Jo Baring, Director of the Ingram Collection of Modern British & Contemporary Art, The Masterpiece London Sculpture Series 2019 will showcase dynamic modern and contemporary works by celebrated artists. The sculptures presented are made from different and sometimes unusual materials, encouraging visitors to challenge their perceptions about sculpture.
Selected works included Gary Hume’s ‘American Tan VII’ from the New Art Centre, along with Pangolin London artist Susie MacMurray’s handmade chainmail work entitled ‘Medusa’.
Below is an outline of the exhibits, spaces and installations to be lit by TM Lighting at Masterpiece London, 2019:
- A large-scale stainless-steel work by Zheng Lu, ‘Water in Dripping – Chao’ (2016), presented by Sundaram Tagore Gallery
- Five sculptures by Pietro Consagra presented by Robilant+Voena Gallery including a red Sant Agata marble piece, ‘Pietra Matta di San Vito No. 13’ (1972); a Verde Assoluto marble piece ‘Absolute Green (Verde Assoluto) (1991)’; a bronze work, ‘Racconto del Demonio No. 5’ (1962); and two painted iron pieces ‘Ferro Trasparente Carminio’ and ‘Ferro Trasparente Bianco V (1966)’.
- A copper chainmail work ‘Medusa’ (2014-15) by Susie MacMurray, presented by Pangolin London
- New Art Centre’s presentation of renowned British artist Gary Hume, ‘American Tan VII’ (2006-7) in bronze.
- A work by celebrated British artist, Tony Cragg, ‘Bust’ (2014) in stainless steel, exhibited by Jerome Zodo Gallery
TM Lighting will also light the following spaces and works within exhibitor stands:
- The Masterpiece Private Dining Room designed by Natalia Miyar featuring exquisite hand painted wallpaper by Fromental.
- The Savills Lounge at Masterpiece designed by 1508 Interior Design, featuring artworks lit by TM Lighting’s superior LED Slim Light Pro picture lights, finished in antique bronze.
- TM Lighting will again light Offer Waterman’s stand D1, this year featuring work by Frank Bowling RA, David Hockney, Ben Nicholson, and Tony Bevan.
- TM Lighting will provide specialist art lighting for Philip Mould & Company, stand A3, leading specialist dealer in British art and Old Masters.
- Trinity House, stand B22, presenting an important work by British artist Peter Lanyon, Climb Out, 1964
- TM Lighting will illuminate timepieces showcased at Carter Marsh & Co, stand D22, antique clock dealers.
- John Mitchell Fine Paintings presenting work by Arthur Mellville, Julius Ceasar Ibbetson, Alfred Stevens, stand B41.
Leading Specialists in Lighting Art
TM Lighting work closely with some of the world’s most prestigious clients to light and preserve their art collections, through vastly superior lighting, combining their products with technical expertise and a highly specialist advisory service. TM Lighting design and manufacture award-winning luminaires which incorporate advanced LED technology and a unique balance of colour rendition, temperature and consistency. Superior picture and accent lights ensure the colour within each artwork is rich, the canvas evenly lit, and the pigments conserved
For Masterpiece London 2019, TM Lighting will utilise their high CRI LED art lighting product developed specifically for Masterpiece; the GalleryOneFifty (G150), a high-performance spotlight with narrow optics and a magnetic, quick change lens ideally suited for lighting in galleries and museums with tall ceilings and rolling collections. Additionally, TM Lighting will use their ZeroSixty Accent Lights, ideal for smaller galleries and residential settings, and their superior Slim Light Pro Picture Lights will feature in the Savills Lounge at Masterpiece.
For more information about TM Lighting visit www.tmlighting.com
Masterpiece London – 27 June – 3 July 2019 (Preview: 26 June) Masterpiece London takes place at South Grounds, The Royal Hospital Chelsea, London, SW3 4LW. For more information visit www.masterpiecefair.com